Monday, October 31, 2016
The Usonian Inn, Spring Green, Wisconsin was the first Taliesin inspired inn. 2017 approaches and it's time to celebrate 65 years since the opening day!
May 15 1952 the property started it's operation and it's been in business since; years passed by and several owner changed hands a few time; within the last 10 years it was our honor to call ourselves the owner of the historic Usonian Inn LLC.
We are pleased to have people separate our property by calling it a boutique, yes, we are an independent property and yes, it's old - but upgraded, and yes is historic and charming. All it takes for you is to open the room's door to find out more, unless you really take the time to check us online and look for photo gallery and slideshows to learn more about us!
The property has its significance, its story, the differentiating factor for the architecture and the unchangeable historical facts that put us on the map!
At this point it's time for us to move on, the property is for sale.
Now, this is worth blogging about!
Friday, September 11, 2015
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Fun time, trip planning, exploring Wisconsin River, history and architecture - Taliesin, American Players Theater, natural settings - State parks and nature preserves, caves and more... arts, rural life, cultural odds...
These will be just a few reasons we can have you travel in our region, oh... that driftless Wisconsin!
Although we are having several events during the summer you can check with us and find out more on our Blog; we really offer Special rates and more incentives online and have them listed everywhere.
Welcome to The Usonian Inn, welcome to Spring Green!
It is hard to be on the phone and start talking about our list of offers. It might give me a dry mouth quickly, that's why we have our offers listed online; they will be mostly in our BLOG, Facebook, and several link or even the Blog posts.
- we try to list some offers in each post if possible
- check our blog page on the right column for links to more saving
- see our rewards (red tab on the blog page - top right side)
- see what we list on Facebook, go to our business page and look for the Red tabs/REWARDS
- Please Like us and we love to reward you back!
- We also list here on Merchantcircle, offers, newsletter, see review, some pictures..
- Walking - there is just a short distance to walk to our Spring Green's own Nature Preserve
- bike our trails along Wisconsin River and the River Valley Area, see maps
- Bird watching is another fun activity you can do here, and if you know of any club - get involved and learn what Wisconsin offer best.
- First Friday After Five --The First Friday of the Month in Spring Green brings some little special treats, wine sampling, featured artist, music, or special sales when you visit our shops. Open until 8 pm. Stop in and enjoy shopping in Spring Green!
- got here mid week? got the blues? enjoy a session at the Sh*tty Barn! - live music and locally brewed beer!
- not going to a play in town? - enjoy a reading/discussion session at Arcadia Book Store
- you can always enjoy our Village pool and tennis courts that are a walking distance from our motel
- canoeing this summer, check out rental places in Helena - 1/2 mile East of Spring Green - at Trader's Bar and Grill and Canoe rentals
- also try Wisconsin Canoe Company
- for a small daily fee or annual pass - visit some of our state parks and discover the beauty of Wisconsin! - very close drive to Tower Hill State Park, also try Natural Bridge State Park
Thursday, June 14, 2012
What's happening in our neighbors yard! see ABC video on Yahoo.
We got it so good yet!
The 7 days outlook seems to be gorgeous and bringing us the much needed rain relief!
Plan right and Travel to Wisconsin this season!
IT's summer, bring on the FUN to Wisconsin!
Find our Historic property's info on google listing or on our web page, get to explore the area before you are here!
We have an app for your mobile device and offer online booking as well.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
It's been a trial time and a fun time, with challenges to face, we stayed focused on our goals and made it so far!
Sometimes it's hard to look back to remember the mess, the hectic schedule and all other factors that we had to deal with; what counts is the result!
A successful story!
Find us on Facebook and read more!
***** ***** *****
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Where are you taking your father, or husband this time for father's day!
This should be a family fun time when you can share memories and create some new ones; at home or away from home, if you travel - take advantage of a fine hotel - at our facility, The Usonian Inn LLC (http://usonianinn.homestead.com) and a distinguished restaurant in Spring Green.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Historic buildings that evoke the elegance of a past era are finding new lives as modern, instantly iconic hotels.
One benefit of the reuse, recycle mindset that has developers creating fabulous new properties in the shells of once-grand buildings is that elegance and glamour are returning to interior design.
This is just an informative article for our customers.
The development of capital replacement budgets and the setting aside of reserves for replacement are long term strategies that keep a property fresh and competitive in the marketplace. If an organization has reserves for replacement set aside, now may be a good time to implement needed renovations which will allow the property to emerge stronger when the economy improves.
The accelerated price of energy earlier this year suggests that renovations related to energy efficient technology would yield future returns. If the property is experiencing reduced occupancy, renovation disruptions will be minimized relative to the guest experience. So, I think we did very well for the past year!
A native of Germany, he says this is a European sensibility. "In America you think, 'It's bigger, it's better,' but many places in Europe you didn't have the space, so you made very small jewels."
This is exactly how we think about our property as a "JEWEL" - that is!
Renovation, staying in business in tough times and meeting the "GREEN" guidelines
and just another 'Green" fun link!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
When I look back to the last two years, - I realize, we had a great success!
Many things there have been said about the place, our service and we managed to get this place finally to meet our own standards.
“We must make sure customer service culture is established early and deep,” I said,
“If we are not doing it better than anyone else, we are not getting the best return on investment on our hotel.
In this poor economy you have a real opportunity to take customers away from the competition, while also moving the needle on customer service upward.
Every incremental increase will create additional process by capturing new and retain customers."
It’s possible to fix most any problem before a guest’s departure, thereby ensuring their stay is a memorable one. Also, by addressing customer concerns, I am convinced it will make the difference in capturing repeat business hotels would otherwise lose.
We are extracting the negative from the guest before they leave. This is not a money-back guarantee; this is good operations and common sense.
The renovation we approached this past year was a great success and we get compliments all the time.
This is an exciting time in our business.
We are on the move and we, the hotel owners have achieved our goal quickly, we got into the spotlight on the local news paper, the TV station, and being awarded 3"Green" leaves out of 5 on http://www.istaygreen.org/; it is going to be proven that quality in customer service, comfort and cleanliness is what matters.