Tuesday, June 28, 2011
When we did some changes to our card processing system, we decided that it will be worth trying to accept American Express.
Little I knew that the card is offering so many incentive to the cardholders, that whoever has one is trying to take advantage of the travel miles Plus or Reward Points - I do not have an American Express card but, see for yourself here!
Since we made that decision, I am able to capture more business or more business travelers.
Thank you everyone for bringing your business to our eco-friendly establishment!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Other TRAVEL TIPS
See our Inn's policy
• Verify and clarify. Call to verify your reservations and arrangements. Get the details
behind vague promises that you’ll be staying at a “five star” resort or sailing on a
“luxury” cruise ship. When you have the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the airlines, car rental companies, and hotels you’ll be using, confirm all arrangements for yourself.
• Put it on paper. Get the details of your vacation in writing. Get a copy of the company’s cancellation and refund policies, and ask “What if...?” Consider whether some form of travel cancellation insurance may be appropriate.
• Use a credit card to make your purchase. If you don’t get what you paid for, you may be able to dispute the charges with your credit card company. However, don’t give your account number to any business until you’ve verified that it is reputable.
• Avoid a travel club flub. Ask questions before joining a travel club. Sometimes, a “free trial” membership can result in unauthorized charges on your credit card. Find out what you’ll get for your money and how you can cancel.
• Won a “free” vacation? Not so fast. Scam artists may tell you you’ve won a “free” vacation, but then claim to need your credit card number for “verification.” Tell them to take a hike. If the promotion is legit, you never need to pay for a prize.
Find our fine Lodging property listed here; ONE of a few in Sauk County!
TravelWisconsin.com Travel Item - Usonian Inn LLC, The